Well I bumped into our lovely Natasha again who I talked about in the previous post.
Unfortunately she wasn’t so happy this time around as she approached me for some advice.
“The US Embassy turned down my application for a 2nd Visa to the States.”
“I’m so sorry to hear that Natasha.. What was their reason?”
“It’s my last year at the University and they only let 2nd and 3rd year students in.”
She looked at me with saddened eyes and asked.
“What do I do now?”
“I don’t know Natasha.. I don’t know..”
As the weight of this serious restriction against her future sank in..
I remembered reading the latest news about the US Government’s latest push towards granting more “Amnesty” towards millions of illegal aliens from Mexico.
By some estimates 12 to 30 million have illegally entered the US within the last 30 years. And in addition to that there is a proposed guest worker program that will allow them to work for up to 3 years legally which is ultimately just a transition phase for them to get a green card down the road.
So while all this is going on my friend Natasha is only granted 1 trip to the US for a span of 4 months and then she’s shut out from coming back.
And the disparity of this just pissed me off because of the following realizations:
- Here we have a bright young, traditional and lovely Russian Girl who speaks perfect English and has studied it and American Culture for over 10 years.
- At the age of 22 she already understands that she wants to get married, have kids and work when she can to earn extra income for herself and her future family.
- She didn’t break any US laws getting into the country and instead worked very hard to adhere to them in the first place to qualify for her first Visa.
- She’s incredibly grateful for the chance she had to be in the US over the previous summer and was dreaming about another visit.
- There is a high probability that this young woman is destined to make one American Man a very lucky guy who will share his joy with other Men who frankly could use all the help they can get in finding a Great Woman.
- And if this is the case then someone like Natasha will certainly do her part to reverse the dramatic downward trends in marriage that we see in the US.
- But on top of all of this… She is naturally an enthusiastic and open minded girl who wishes to share almost everything she has with the people around her. She is simply the kind of optimistic person who will create countless positive ripples with the people she meets and this is an incredibly valuable thing.
So basically my question is this..
Why in the HELL aren’t we letting her and more Russian Women like her into the US?
This incredible girl is completely at the opposite end of the spectrum when you look at the thousands if not millions of other non-literate illegals who are in the country. Illegals who are all too often dropping anchor babies or trying to collect some form of state handouts from a big government system that just loves the word “welfare”.
Now I can’t fault people for wanting to find a better life for themselves.
But I can certainly criticize the messed up priorities our Government has in terms of who they let in and who they keep out.
So for now I’m in a tough position because I care about this fine young lady and I don’t have an answer for her.
But I will do what I can to find one.